small note here about the package naming -- to be taken with a larger grain
of salt, as usual: you repeat and thus "stutter" on "Gothon/gothonSlice".
I've looked into some existing slice generics examples that now pop up like
mushrooms after a warm shower. They tend to simply stick with "slice" or
"slices", even if this is deemed a **cough** generic name (*pun might be
intended*).

Otherwise, as Jason White already said: don't expect too much interest in
your work, but see it as an experiment. Of course, we might be proven wrong
and then you'll see interest in those kind of helpers. However, be aware
that you can easily considerable performance and then the main benefit
would be to be more welcoming to Pythonistas at first, before having to
refactor code to become more "native" to Go.

When I was coming from Python some years ago (and I still like Python!) I
came with the explicit idea of "don't look back", dive into the Go
ecosystem and learn their patterns first. Only with good experience, start
to bring in things where Go might benefit from Python, but don't try to
emulate P on G (or any other X on Y), unless you somehow need to
lift-and-shift old code. Which rarely is a good idea, unless you have
significant monetary investment and gain in doing so.