Also there's a project which compiles C code to Go - ISTR it was used to
build a pure Go version of Sqlite.  Presumably the same approach could be
applied to an image processing library.

https://twitter.com/bradfitz/status/855271867162083329?lang=en
https://groups.google.com/g/golang-nuts/c/QDEczMhlQBU/m/4lCn2kP0AwAJ
https://github.com/elliotchance/c2go