Thanks.

There's a more fundamental problem, though. Try running

go build -linkshared hello.go

as a non-privileged user. You'll get a bunch of permission denied messages.
(I had mentioned this
back in January). This is why I'm fooling around running the compiler and
linker manually.

I suggest you add this to your test suite.

Cordially,
Jon Forrest