The issue is also reproducible using Python3 on macOS, whereas it works as
expected once again on Linux; just for reference here's the corresponding SO
question
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/77700314/detecting-named-pipe-reader-disconnect-using-select-poll-fails-on-macos-works-o>.

To a large extend, this now excludes potential Go and/or
Ginkgo/Gomega-related effects, yet is consistent with my original
observation and question here.