a quick first lock looks promising to me: I like the blog post, as it
does IMHO a gentle introduction to your angle of attack. Having used
mocking (or one of its twins/cousins/... for those who insist on this not
being mocking, alas) on Python I've up to now found the Go mock packages to
be difficult and with rather unwelcoming documentation.   As for the
naming: kudos for naming it what it is, clear and concise, imagination be
reserved to where it applies, not just here.