Hi Pion,

> On my Development Server, it returns the total number of the entities
> which is over 40,000 entities.
>
> But when deploying it on GAE, it always returns 1,000 entities. Is
> this because of this limitation
> http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/datastore/overview.html#Quotas_and_Limits?
> If so, what is the best way to find total number of entities I have?

If your query has no filter condition, I recommend the following query:

DatastoreService ds = DatastoreServiceFactory.getDatastoreService();
Query query = new Query("__Stat_Kind__");
query.addFilter("kind_name", FilterOperator.EQUAL, kind);
Entity stat = ds.prepare(query).asSingleEntity();
Long count = (Long) stat.getProperty("count");

If your query has some filter conditions, I recommend the following query:

DatastoreService ds = DatastoreServiceFactory.getDatastoreService();
Query query = new Query(kind);
query.setKeysOnly();
query.addFilter(...);
int count = ds.prepare(query).asList(FetchOptions.Builder.withOffset(0)).size();

The first query is faster than the second one.

Hope this helps,

Yasuo Higa