Hi Kumar, as a beginner to GCP, I generally recommend *against* using the
free trial when exploring the product group. (BTW, in English, there is a
difference between "trial" and "trail".) As Joseph mentioned, there is
an "Always
Free" tier <https://cloud.google.com/free/docs/gcp-free-tier#always-free>
(multiple
GCP products). This daily/monthly free quota for participating products (1
free VM, 5GB disk storage [US region], 2M Cloud Functions calls, etc.) is
always available to developers. As long as you stay under the quota, you
will never be charged for their use.

I recommend you do NOT use the $300USD Free Trial because of 2 main
reasons: 1) the trial lasts exactly 12 months from when you activate it
(the clock starts ticking immediately) and 2) it is a 1-time offer (can't
get it again). You only incur billing by exceeding the Always Free tier
quotas, meaning you don't "eat into" the $300 until that happens. Do your
due diligence, research which GCP tools to use, and *only activate the Free
Trial when your normal usage on GCP consistently exceeds the Always Free
tier*. Otherwise you're not taking full advantage of the offer.

Good luck!
--Wesley

On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 10:53 AM 'noverlyjoseph' via Google App Engine <
google-appengine@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> You will only be charged for what you go over the Free Tier depending on
> the services.
> For Cloud Storage for example, as long as you don't go over the Always
> Free limit in your usage, you will not be charged.
> Here's[1] the Always Free usage limits for Cloud Storage.
> For any other services you will find that information in the Pricing
> section of that Service.
>

> [1] https://cloud.google.com/storage/pricing#cloud-storage-always-free
>

> On Monday, July 20, 2020 at 8:15:10 AM UTC-4, kumar reddy wrote:
>>
>> I just want to know more about $300 free trail. I i get signed up for
>> $300 free trail, and add credit card details., will i be charged for any
>> charges after i consume the services under that package?. will i have a
>> stop point that allows me to stop using the paid services?
>>
>> My intention is to avoid any kind of charges, and continue with free
>> trail to experience the cloud storage.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kumar N.

"A computer never does what you want... only what you tell it."
    wesley chun :: @wescpy <http://twitter.com/wescpy> :: Software
Architect & Engineer
    Developer Advocate at Google Cloud by day; at night...
    Python training & consulting : http://CyberwebConsulting.com
    "Core Python" books : http://CorePython.com
    Python blog: http://wescpy.blogspot.com