That's quite odd John. Can you temporarily rename your main.py and deploy
this code as main.py and run it?

from flask import Flask
from google import cloud

app = Flask(__name__)

@app.route('/')
def hello_world():
    return 'Hello, World!'

Pls reply with what shows up in your App Engine dashboard
<https://console.cloud.google.com/appengine> down in the "Application
Errors" section.
Also paste relevant lines from your app.yaml (or the whole thing).

Thanks,
--Wesley

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 12:17 PM John Iacovacci <john.iacovac...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I've isolated the problem down to my app engine python code not allowing
> me to import more than one module. Even a simple hello world app will only
> allow me to implement one import. Every time I add a module to any of my
> program I get errors.
>
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 2:58 PM 'Elliott (Cloud Platform Support)' via
> Google App Engine <google-appengine@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> To isolate the problem, does this code run locally on your machine?
>>
>> On Wednesday, November 11, 2020 at 12:18:48 PM UTC-5 john.ia...@gmail.com
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm trying to import the datastore module(or anytime I try to import a
>>> second module for that matter) in my app engine standard code.
>>>
>>> I've virtually tried every combination and I'm getting either
>>>
>>> Error: Server ErrorThe server encountered an error and could not
>>> complete your request.
>>>
>>> Please try again in 30 seconds.
>>>

>>> or 502 Gateway ngix errors.
>>>

>>> Any thoughts?
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> John Iacovacci
>>>
>>> main.py
>>> from flask import Flask, request, render_template
>>>
>>> # START Translate requirements
>>> from google.cloud import translate_v2 as translate
>>> translate_client = translate.Client()
>>>
>>> import datastore
>>> # END Translate requirements
>>>

>>> app = Flask(__name__)   # Flask is the web framework we're using
>>>

>>> @app.route('/', methods=['POST','GET'])         # This defines when the
>>> function below will be called
>>> def translate():
>>>     if request.method == 'POST':
>>>
>>>         # This code will run if a POST is received
>>>
>>>         data = request.form.to_dict(flat=True)  # Reads the body of the
>>> post request and assigns it to the "data" variable
>>>
>>>         result = translate_client.translate(data['inputText'],
>>> target_language=data["toLang"]) # Sends data to the translate API
>>>
>>>         return
>>> render_template('index.html',translatedText=result['translatedText'])    #
>>> Renders the page with the response
>>>
>>>     else:
>>>
>>>         # This code will run if a GET is received
>>>         return render_template('index.html')
>>>

>>> # Don't worry about this part
>>> if __name__ == '__main__':
>>>     app.run(host='127.0.0.1', port=8080, debug=True)
>>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/02857814-1a89-4d13-b0cb-eaa593e2dba9n%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/02857814-1a89-4d13-b0cb-eaa593e2dba9n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CADTT8SQZP_svALjuaUY_SFf%2Bdim%2BV_uGZHHPmruXFGqbvZyMvA%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CADTT8SQZP_svALjuaUY_SFf%2Bdim%2BV_uGZHHPmruXFGqbvZyMvA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> [...]

"A computer never does what you want... only what you tell it."
    wesley chun :: @wescpy <http://twitter.com/wescpy> :: Software
Architect & Engineer
    Developer Advocate at Google Cloud by day; at night...
    Python training & consulting : http://CyberwebConsulting.com
    "Core Python" books : http://CorePython.com
    Python blog: http://wescpy.blogspot.com