Some suggestions:

   1. *Python: *many options here: Flask, Django, Pyramid, Bottle, web.py
   2. *Website*: if you prefer to build your site managing (just) source
   code, App Engine <http://cloud.google.com/appengine> is the main reason
   why people are on this mailing list. If you have other dependencies
   (binaries, libraries in unsupported languages, e.g., C++, other OS code,
   etc.) requiring you to containerize your app, then Cloud Run
   <http://cloud.google.com/run> would be the way to go. In both cases, you
   wouldn't have to worry about servers. Containerizing also allows your app
   to be more portable. Both GAE & GCR support Python 2 & 3 (although 2.x
   support is now limited).
      - The above represent a more traditional web app architecture style.
      You can also roll something more contemporary, a la "JAM stack
      <http://google.com/search?q=jam+stack>"-style by writing
      loosely-coupled microservice functions hosted on Cloud Functions
      <http://cloud.google.com/functions>, endpoints easily reachable via
      HTTP or event-driven from web or mobile front-ends where your
app basically
      consists of a set of API calls.
   3. *Data*: Cloud Firestore
<https://firebase.google.com/docs/firestore> (NoSQL);
   RDBMS via Cloud SQL <http://cloud.google.com/sql> also available (MySQL,
   PostgreSQL, SQL Server) but Firestore IMO is a better option for web/mobile
   apps
   4. *APIs*: API Gateway <https://cloud.google.com/api-gateway>: allows
   you to manage API endpoints hosted on GCP serverless compute like App
   Engine, Cloud Run, or Cloud Functions
   5. *Team*: Cloud IAM gives you control to manage different team members
   & roles <https://cloud.google.com/iam/docs/understanding-roles> as
   related to your project

It would also be good to hear from someone in the community (here) that has
built something with these technologies. Finally one last thought regarding
the mobile part of the equation, consider Flutter <https://flutter.dev> for
developing the front-end as you can build native-looking iOS, Android, and
web apps with just one codebase.

Good luck!
--Wesley

On Mon, Mar 29, 2021 at 10:08 AM NoCommandLine <info.nocommandl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by #4 but in general, I would say the 2
> simplest options would be Google App Engine (GAE) or Google Compute Engine
> (GCE).
>
> 1. I would start with GAE (standard environment unless you have some
> unique/complicated stuff) and then migrate to GCE if I need to later. I'm
> recommending GAE because you don't have to worry about scaling your
> infrastructure to meet your demands. You just write your code, deploy it
> and Google takes care of scaling up/down to meet changes in your traffic.
> Google also gives you free SSL and you can use your custom domain on GAE
> <https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/python/mapping-custom-domains>
> .
>
> If you're using GAE, you have access to Cloud Datastore
> <https://cloud.google.com/datastore> to store your data
>
> 2. Development is done on your local machine and you deploy to GAE by
> either using the gcloud command line interface (gcloud CLI) or a 3rd party
> GUI (I have one - https://nocommandline.com). Since the code is local,
> you take care of versioning and/or sharing amongst different people anyway
> you like. If you want different people to be able to deploy, you can grant
> them access (deployment role
> <https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/python/roles#predefined_roles>)
> to be able to deploy or make them co-owners of the product
>

> GAE (standard) will not work if you need any of - streaming,  instant
> messaging (like PubSub). For those, you'll need to use GCE or maybe GAE
> Flexible (you'll have to confirm the information about GAE Flexible)
>
> *.....* *NoCommandLine* *......*
> *If you miss GAE Launcher*, try https://nocommandline.com
>
> On Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 4:44:40 AM UTC-7 Ooty Beauty wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm very new to google cloud and confused as to which product should go
>> with. Below are my requirements, I believe you will be able to show me some
>> lights
>>
>> I WANT TO:
>>
>>    1. Build a dynamic website with Python
>>    2. Host the website on the cloud, I don't have the infrastructure on
>>    my own.
>>    3. Store the website data in the cloud
>>    4. Develop API which will cater to both the website and Mobile App
>>    5. Have access to code and probably share the development work among
>>    different teams
>>
>> I ALREADY HAVE:
>>
>>    1. Domain registered
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Pradeep

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/dd0e0d39-8159-47d5-8810-afbcf2b8f8ffn%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/dd0e0d39-8159-47d5-8810-afbcf2b8f8ffn%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

"A computer never does what you want... only what you tell it."
    wesley chun :: @wescpy <http://twitter.com/wescpy> :: Software
Architect & Engineer
    Developer Advocate at Google Cloud by day; at night...
    Python training & consulting : http://CyberwebConsulting.com
    "Core Python" books : http://CorePython.com
    Python blog: http://wescpy.blogspot.com