On July 8, 2002 at 22:37, "Torstein P N" wrote:

> I've read the faq for the mail-archive and it says that mails stored in the
> archive cannot be deleted. That's not fair - I never wanted or expected that
> the mail I sent would have a global audience.

Public message archiving of a mailing list is something that a list
owner should tell you, typically from the welcome message that is
sent to you when you subscribe.  Therefore, any person who sends
a message to the list is aware that the message will be viewable
on the web.

Checking orionserver.com really quick display a link to the list
archives on the web.  This does imply that any message one sends
to the list will show up on the web.

Note, mail-archive does honor messages that explicitly indicate
to not be archived: <http://www.mail-archive.com/faq.html#nomessage>.

--ewh

Disclaimer: I am *NOT* an official mail-archive.com representive.