>Are you serious?? Why????!!!!!

Why not? :)

Let's see...

* I got tired of archiving the massive amounts of spam and
  pornography and other crap that Yahoo carries

* getting called in the middle of the night by very clueless
  and usually angry users that don't understand that I'm not
  YahooGroups

* the system abusers who prey on YahooGroups

* the fact that YahooGroups has it's own archival system anyway.
  Mail-archive's resources are not infinite.

* the inability to contact YahooGroups admins when something really
  goes wrong (I can't even tell you how many problems could be
  avoided if they would add anti-archiving headers on their
  lists marked "private").

There's more stuff as well. In essence, banning YahooGroups made 98%
of my headaches go away. Since mail-archive is a for-fun project, not a
for-grief project, the decision was well worth it. Even if it meant
that some legimate lists and users like yourself were burned, which
I do regret.

-Jeff