Yes, lots of work going on. Here's the scoop:

I had a disk failure on the next generation hardware
on a RAID-0 array. Had to replace the disk and recopy
a ton of data which is why Mail-Archive has been not
updating for a few days.

Anyway, I'm proud to report I've learned from the experience
and am now set up with RAID-10 instead. The machine (code named
"poet") will be placed on the internet in Fremont, California
at around 1 am this morning, and you will be able to ping it at
216.218.240.194 if all goes well. I expect we'll still have
hiccups of various sorts as the switchover occurs, but getting
the network location figured out was by far the hardest part
of this process.

Sorry for the lack of updates. Life has been a little bit on the
bizarre side for me late last week and over the weekend. You
can follow the links if you want the gory details. :)

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/biznews/1018story2_business.shtml
http://chappie.stanford.edu/~snitch/game/missionstatement.html

Thanks for your patience. I'll try to report on progress again in a
few days to this list.

Jeff