>If there are any spare cycles, they could be working on a new index.

There is no spare disk I/O. If the archiving latency ever got to zero,
we would have idle disk I/O. That hasn't happened in recent
memory.

>So, in short there is no time/date attribute to sort the messages in
>chronological order with the current htdig index?

File timestamps have the information with a granularity of hours or a
few days (as discussed earlier). I do not think filename (and
therefore URL) will give any better granularity. I haven't touched
htdig configuration in years, so I don't know if htdig has access to
any of this information.

-Jeff