Jachym Cepicky wrote:
hi,

what about v.edit ?

# new file with vertexes
v.to.points in=roads out=tmp -v
# copy original file
g.copy vect=roads,myroads

# run v.edit
for line in `v.out.ascii tmp`; do eval `echo $line|sed -e "s/^/x=/" -e "s/|/; y=/" -e "s/|.*//"`; echo $line; v.edit -t map=myroads tool=break coords=$x,$y >/dev/null 2>&1; done

well, it is not the best solution, but seems to work, but it failed for
me after 39 vertexes :-/

Hi Jachym

An interesting idea - thanks for the suggestion. I have found many problems with my table (e.g one record pointing to many lines and some records not pointing to any lines) so I decided to dump the table and start from scratch. v.split worked well and so I have been able to clean up the lines quite easily. I think the ability for v.split to update the table by creating new records for each new line segment would be a GREAT feature.

Regards

Craig