On 13/01/2022 03:09, Allin Cottrell wrote:
On Wed, 12 Jan 2022, Allin Cottrell wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jan 2022, Johannes Lips wrote:

I couldn't install the dbnomics function package from gretl. When accessing File - Databases - DB.NOMICS I get the error message in the terminal: load function package: failed on /usr/share/gretl/functions/dbnomics/dbnomics.gfn

OK, we need to investigate that -- accessing that menu item ought to cause gretl to download the dbnomics addon from sourceforge, if it's not already installed.

I found a flaw, specific to dbnomics and regls, with the effect that the auto-download mechanism for these addon packages would fail to kick in. That's fixed in current snapshots and should be OK in the 2022a release, due out before the end of January.
Hello Allin,

I just built the package yesterday and it seems that it's not fixed in all cases. At the moment, although the dbnomics add-on is installed. I get the following error, when trying to browse the dbnomics time series database.
"Error message from dbnomics_providers(): no providers were found"
This window I can only close and the dbnomics browser does not open.

Thanks for any hint.

Johannes

However, if it's possible to include the addons in the fedora gretl package, that would no doubt be safer.

Allin