In case you are not already aware of them, you might be interested in the
benchmarks the gRPC team
maintains: https://grpc.io/docs/guides/benchmarking/

You will find a link there to a dashboard
<https://grafana-dot-grpc-testing.appspot.com/> with performance history as
well as to the repo <https://github.com/grpc/test-infra> with the benchmark
code.