Hi,

>> What platforms are those?
> One of the platforms is CEEJ - http://www.skelmir.com/products/ceej.html
> This is an independently implemented JVM which is somewhere at 1.4.2+
> level (i.e. some Java5 features are supported, but far from all of
> it).

That means, you probably don't even need Retrotranslator. I don't plan
to use any special features of JDK 1.5. Just generics, StringBuilder,
extended for loops, autoboxing, Integer.valueOf(..) and so on, and
maybe varargs.

> The performance on Flash (NAND) file systems is also fairly poor
> mostly because of the large number of small write operations executed
> by H2.

This should be solved in the new storage mechanism ('page store'). It
is still experimental, and many test cases still fail (you can also
get a corrupted database very easily when using it). If you want, you
could try. You would need to download the trunk and build it yourself.
To enable it, set the system property h2.pageStore to true.

Regards,
Thomas