Hi Sebastian,

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 09:58:22AM +0200, Sebastian Heid wrote:
> Hi Lukas,
>
> starting from around 200mbit/s in&out, haproxy processes (nbproc 6) are
> hitting 100% cpu regularly (noticed up to 3 processes at the same time with
> 100%), but recover again on its own after some time.
>
> stracing such a process yesterday showed the following:
> epoll_wait(0, {}, 200, 0)               = 0
> epoll_wait(0, {}, 200, 0)               = 0
> epoll_wait(0, {}, 200, 0)               = 0
> epoll_wait(0, {}, 200, 0)               = 0
> epoll_wait(0, {}, 200, 0)               = 0
>
> Unfortunately I can't do any more debugging in this setup. HAproxy 1.5.14 is
> never near to 10% cpu usage with way higher bandwidth.

So far I've got good reports from people having experienced similar issues
with recent versions, thus I'm thinking about something, are you certain
that you did a make clean after upgrading and before rebuilding ? Sometimes
we tend to forget it, especially after a simple "git pull". It is very
possible that some old .o files were not properly rebuilt and still contain
these bugs. If in doubt, you can simply keep a copy of your latest haproxy
binary, make clean, build again and run cmp between them. It should not
report any difference otherwise it means there was an issue (which would be
a great news).

Cheers,