Le 19/05/2016 00:34, Maciej Katafiasz a écrit :
On 18 May 2016 at 14:13, Maxime de Roucy <maxime.dero...@gmail.com> wrote:

This patch remove setlocale from the main function.

Some regex may have different behaviours depending on the
locale. Some LUA scripts may change their behaviour too
(http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaLocales).

I'm not convinced that is a good change. It should probably be left up
to the environment to get the locale right.

On the contrary, I'm more convinced its a good one.

While potentially
confusing, forcing it to C is also confusing and prevents people from
actually exploiting locale should they want to, and traditionally the
Unix approach was to let the administrator get the locale right, so
it's also more consistent with how other software does it.

Which ones ? As previously said, nor apache httpd and nginx do that with their respective "include" directive, at least. Why would we want to make it differently ?

It's
documented that way too, so your patch constitutes a design change,
which I feel should be argued for with a bit more rationale.

It only reverts to the original design.

--
Cyril Bonté