On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 07:33:50AM +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:
>  ??? 18 mai 2016 22:56 +0200, Pavlos Parissis <pavlos.paris...@gmail.com> :
>
> >> Also, where is the bugtracker for haproxy? I can file a report if you
> >> want to save time.
> >
> > As far as I know there isn't any bugtracker. Posting problems in this
> > ML is enough to kick the investigation. So far this model works quite
> > well
>
> Yes, Willy will notice the patch at some point and maybe merge it if
> he's OK with it.

Exact and here 1000 persons can read the discussions, while bug trackers
generally tend to be limited to a few interested readers. I like bug trackers
for complex bugs that take months or years to be fixed though.

Vincent, I was the one introducing htonll() and I did a mistake. I thought
nobody would have it and as you saw, OSX proved me wrong, just like Solaris
11 now. Other OSes will follow and we'll get annoyed again once a libc
decides to define _htonll() for its own use.

Usually when there's a risk of symbol conflict, we prefix the offending
functions by "my_" to clearly state that they are our own implementation
and that while we try to have the same API there's no guarantee for this.
Here I should have done this as well. I'd rather just rename the function,
its two call places and get rid of the #ifndef.

If you're interested in updating your patch for this I'll happily apply
it. Otherwise I can do it myself to learn my lesson :-)

Cheers,