Thank you for the suggestions however I end up with the same problem.

I apologize but the actual error was:

VFS: Cannot open root device "mmcblk0p1" or unknown-block(0,0)

Any other suggestions are appreciated!

--
Jeremy Callan
Bachelor of Math, Honours Computer Science

Sébastien Lorquet wrote:
I had an issue like this one on my hx4700. Did you try increasing rootdelay? The kernel may need time to detect the SD properly.

did you also try root=FE01 ? this is the device number for /dev/mmcblk0p1 (254,1)

you can also try to force the rootfs type with the rootfstype=ext2 or ext3, your log shows the kernel seem to have selected a quite strange filesystem: YFS

YFS: Cannot open root device "mmcblk0p1" or unknown-block(0,0)
Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available partitions:

<some text> <= this text should be useful to help you :)

Kernel Panic - not synching: YFS :Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(0,0)