> I tried again with much better results.  It booted the kerndl and I got a
> lot of kernel messages.  Then it froze.  My eyesight is poor and I can't
> read the last messages even with several magnifying glasses.  I created the
> file earlyharetlog.txt and put it in the same directory as haret.exe, but
> still it did not record any log messages.  Any suggestions would be very
> appreciated.  Thanks, Gustav.

Just checking your aware that the log is stored in a file called haretlog.txt
and the
earlyharetlog.txt file will stay empty, but must be there to enable logging.

Also I have found that sometimes depending of the cause of the error adjusting
the
rootdelay/panic etc values can help. (I think I sometimes had situations where
the
kernel was looking for the rootfs before it had finished mounting)

But to know if that is your issue or if it's something else you would have to
post your
exact setup. (default.txt, partition table and the error message that is
displayed)

Daniel