The purpose of this list is specified on its webpage:

> The Haskell mailing list is for announcements and short discussions on any
> topic related to the Haskell language.
>
> Discussions should be moved to the Haskell Cafe mailing list after a few
> exchanges, so that the volume on this list can be kept low.

We don’t (please!) need another list for announcements.

Perhaps there is scope for a discussion about how “related” a conference
announcement should be for it to be announced here. And perhaps there is scope
for a discussion about the name: maybe this list should be renamed
haskell-announce, for expectation management? But if so, those discussions
should presumably happen on haskell-cafe, not here.

Jeremy

> On 4 May 2023, at 10:33, James Flanagan <j....@outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you for this tip. Wasn't aware of Haskell-Cafe.
>
> Maybe this is the right place for conference announcements then, if it's just
> for announcements in general. But the quantity is quite high and other stuff
> is likely to get drowned out. It may be best split into a separate list so
> that it only goes to those who are interested. (Not all of us are in
> academia.)
>
> James

jeremy.gibb...@cs.ox.ac.uk
Oxford University Department of Computer Science,
Wolfson Building, Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QD, UK.
+44 1865 283521
http://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/people/jeremy.gibbons/