ACM SIGPLAN Haskell Implementors' Workshop
https://icfp23.sigplan.org/home/hiw-2023
Seattle, Washington, United States, September 4, 2023

Co-located with ICFP 2023
https://icfp23.sigplan.org/

---------------

The 15th Haskell Implementors' Workshop is to be held alongside ICFP
2023 this year in Seattle. It is a forum for people involved in the
design and development of Haskell implementations, tools, libraries,
and supporting infrastructure to share their work and to discuss future
directions and collaborations with others.

We have a number of slots for lightning talks. Lightning talks will be ~7
minutes and are scheduled on the day of the workshop. Suggested topics for
lightning talks are to present a single idea, a work-in-progress project, a
problem to intrigue and perplex Haskell implementors, or simply to ask for
feedback and collaborators.

Lightning talks are proposed by submitting a title and an abstract.
Submissions will not be part of the peer-review process. Notification of
acceptance will be continuous until slots are full. Accepted lightning
talks will be posted on the workshop’s website.

Submissions should be made via this Google form:
https://forms.gle/2jGceompwNghbRQR9

Accepted lightning talks will be posted on the workshop’s website.

Scope and target audience
-------------------------

The Implementors' Workshop is an ideal place to describe a Haskell
extension, describe works-in-progress, demo a new Haskell-related tool,
or even propose future lines of Haskell development. Members of the
wider Haskell community are encouraged to attend the workshop -- we need
your feedback to keep the Haskell ecosystem thriving. Students working
with Haskell are especially encouraged to share their work.

The scope covers any of the following topics. There may be some topics
that people feel we've missed, so by all means submit a proposal even if
it doesn't fit exactly into one of these buckets:

* Compilation techniques
* Language features and extensions
* Type system implementation
* Concurrency and parallelism: language design and implementation
* Performance, optimisation and benchmarking
* Virtual machines and run-time systems
* Libraries and tools for development or deployment

Contact
-------

  * Ryan Scott <ryan.gl.scott at gmail.com>