On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 9:52 AM Grumboeck Johannes (POI - AT/Salzburg)
<johannes.grumbo...@porscheinformatik.at> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Thanks for your answer. I’ve got one more question.
>

> > > Are clusterid and nodeid something heketi uses only internally and are not
> > > directly connected to something within glusterfs?
> > Yes, in glusterd there is no concept of clusterid. It is an id that heketi
> > creates to refer to a particular cluster.
> > Nodeid: glusterd generates a node id for all peers in the cluster but the
> > nodeid in heketi topology info is "local" only to heketi as it has to
> > create the nodeid before the peer probe command.
>
> Does this mean that when I could change clusterid and nodeids in a
> heketi-topology file,
>
> reload it into heketi db and, as long as all references are fine within the
> topology file, all volumes and bricks should be safe?

Yes replacing the ids is fine.

> I’m asking because I’m thinking about writing a script to generate a
> heketi-topology out of a gluster with all volumes/bricks in a safe state
>
> to recreate a corrupted heketi.db file.

A word of warning, it is not trivial but it is doable. I suggest that
you build a heketi db representation in json like the
"heketi-cli db export" gives instead of building the topology file
representation.

If you have the json then creating a db out of it is easy using
"heketi-cli db import" command. One added work would be to generate
UUID for all the resources.

Let me know what you think. We had plans to doing a similar feature
but never prioritized.

Thanks,
Talur