Dear Ashish,

Thanks for the comment. I found the following things from MySQL 6.0 ::

(1) Inside CREATE TABLE, TIMESTAMP does not have any format. It is treated like
a primitive type (string).

(2) Inside SELECT clause, TIMESTAMP(YYYYMMDDHHMMSS) is called as a routine with
format information for output spec.

===========  MySQL 6.0 function ===============================
TIMESTAMP(expr), TIMESTAMP(expr1,expr2)
With a single argument, this function returns the date or datetime expression
expr as a datetime value. With two arguments, it adds the time expression expr2
to the date or datetime expression expr1 and returns the result as a datetime
value.
mysql> SELECT TIMESTAMP('2003-12-31');
        -> '2003-12-31 00:00:00'
mysql> SELECT TIMESTAMP('2003-12-31 12:00:00','12:00:00');
        -> '2004-01-01 00:00:00'

As a result, we have to define TIMESTAMP as primitive type as well as a complex
type with format information.  I have to upgrade the grammar after further
inspection. I am going to add a basic design document to JIRA.

Please provide suggestions.

Thanks,
Shyam