From: Johan Oskarsson [mailto:jo...@oskarsson.nu]
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 3:43 AM
To: hive-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: branching Hive and getting to first release

I'm worried that trying to create a new release every other week will be
too often. Isn't there a risk that we're still fixing bugs in 0.3 when
the 0.5 branch is cut if we run into something unexpected?
It seems Hadoop is suffering from this issue a bit lately even though
they branch quarterly, 0.19 still have lots of issues open when people
are committing patches to 0.21 (trunk). Granted Hadoop is a much larger
codebase with more patches applied.

That said, I won't oppose trying the period suggested and see how it
goes, it's quite easy to change after all.

/Johan