I can create and load data into an HBase table as per the instructions
from Hive/HBase Integration wiki page using something like
create table ...
STORED BY 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.hbase.HBaseStorageHandler'
WITH SERDEPROPERTIES ("hbase.columns.mapping" = ....);

Is it possible to then load more data from Hive into this table?..  I
keep seeing references to "bulk inserts" vs "incremental inserts" in
people's slides, as well as references to HBASE-1923, but no concrete
examples.

If it's not possible, can someone point me to a good method of
managing incrementally accumulating data (either in Hive or HBase)?..
My Hive table is partitioned by date, but what I'm seeking is more
like a "fact table" that will be updated daily as new data arrive.

--Leo