On 07/14/2014 11:47 PM, Markus Stenberg wrote:
On 9.7.2014, at 18.01, Juliusz Chroboczek <j...@pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr>
wrote:
There's still something I don't understand.  If I'm understanding Steve's
and Markus' work correctly, HNCP performs prefix delegation to internal
routers over HNCP, and the internal routers don't proxy stateful DHCPv6 to
the CPE.  How does your protocol work in the presence of multiple links?
Or are you assuming that only nodes directly connected to the IHAS/CPE can
be advertised over your protocol?
Or even more weirdly, what if you don’t want stateful DHCPv6? SLAAC + temporary
addresses?

Finally, what happens when there are multiple CPEs, which HNCP explicitly
supports?  Are you assuming that only one acts as IHAS?
.. and how do the zones map to multiple uplinks ..

Personally, I don’t believe in auto-exported ~full DNS information from home
because current service discovery schemes (mdns, dns-sd, upnp) or even
host-name discovery schemes (dhcp*) do not really lend themselves to the
external visibility being _opt in_. I don’t really want to publish my home
zone, and if I even did, anything that’s firewalled (= everything except few
ports on few addresses) is not useful outside the home in any case.

Yet, I really, really, triple-super really want to be able to access my home network devices when i'm not at home. Any part of the naming architecture better take that as a very basic requirement.

Mike