> Working with Chris Hopps and Juliusz Chroboczek, Margaret just posted
> draft-mrw-homenet-rtg-comparison-01.txt.

This is on

    https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mrw-homenet-rtg-comparison

As Mark mentioned, we didn't attempt to reach consensus with this
document -- we tried to produce something that's reasonably informative as
quickly as possible.

Here's my initial list of things that we might consider tweaking for -02:

1. The table in Section 13.3 compares the available implementation of
   Source-Specific Babel with the available implementation of
   Source-Specific IS-IS, which is written in Erlang and requires massive
   resources.  We should add a column with the sizes of Quagga's C version
   of IS-IS -- while this version is incomplete and not source-specific,
   this should give a rough idea of how much we can expect to be able to
   scale down IS-IS.

   (This is a little more work than you might expect, since it requires
   isolating just the isisd, zebra and libzebra bits of Quagga.  I hope
   Steven volunteers ;-) )

2. We didn't discuss the fact that Babel runs over UDP, while IS-IS runs
   directly over layer 2.  This has a number of consequences, most notably
   related to ease of implementation, portability, and the ability to run
   over tunnels (say, GRE or OpenVPN in tun mode).  I refer you to my

     http://mid.gmane.org/87iookwzgj.wl%25...@pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr

3. Section 3.3 makes some rather strong claims about IS-IS scalability.
   Since we later argue in favour of a single-area implementation of
   IS-IS, I feel that these claims require some justification.  However,
   since I'm not convinced that scalability beyond 200 nodes or so is an
   important issue for Homenet, I won't try to push this particular point.

-- Juliusz