Dear Daniel,

> I am planning to update the front end naming delegation draft [1] in the next
> weeks. Before revisiting the draft, I am collecting comments that need to be
> addressed.

After your talk at IETF-102, I asked what is the purpose of this rather
complex protocol, and why it is preferable to a trivial end-to-end
protocol.  As instructed during the meeting, I carried my question to the
list, in a message dated 18 July 2018.

A number of people participated in the ensuing discussion, however, none
provided a definitive answer to my question.  I may have missed something,
but as far as I know you did not participate in this discussion.

Daniel, please explain why proxying through a hidden master is needed, and
what problem this protocol solves that could not be solved with a trivial
end-to-end protocol.

Thanks for your understanding,

-- Juliusz