>> I think that this work should be stalled until we have an implementation
>> to play with and make some in vivo experiments.

> I'm not sure if by "stalled" you mean sticking with the plan above, or
> something else

I'm concerned about two things:

  - if you're not implementing yourself, everything seems easy, and you
    end up with an overly complex design;
  - once you've spent a lot of time on a paper protocol, you're unwilling
    to change things even when the implementation work indicates they're
    broken, so you end up with a design that is not only overly complex,
    but doesn't work very well.

I think this protocol has reached the point where any further paper work
will be counter-productive until somebody tries their hand at implementing
it.

-- Juliusz