On Sep 18, 2019, at 6:07 PM, Michael Thomas <m...@mtcc.com> wrote:
> So I'm a little unclear about the specifics of Firefox using DNS over HTTP,
> but wouldn't this affect homenet naming, or any split horizon kind of naming?

In order for DoH to not break lots of things, it has to be implemented in such
a way that special-use names are not resolved using a global resolver, and that
VPN-supported names are looked up using the VPN resolver.   It would also be
nice if there were a way for the homenet to signal that a public domain
belonging to it is resolved locally, so that split-horizon naming on the
homenet works correctly.  Similar functionality will be required for corporate
networks that do split-horizon naming.