From: internet-dra...@ietf.org <internet-dra...@ietf.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 2:48 AM
To: Wouter Cloetens <wouter.cloet...@softathome.com>; Michael Richardson
<mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>; Daniel Migault <daniel.miga...@ericsson.com>; Ralf
Weber <ralf.we...@nominum.com>; Ray Hunter <v6...@globis.net>; Chris Griffiths
<cgriffi...@gmail.com>
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-09.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-09.txt
has been successfully submitted by Daniel Migault and posted to the IETF
repository.

Name:           draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation
Revision:       09
Title:          Outsourcing Home Network Authoritative Naming Service
Document date:  2019-11-17
Group:          homenet
Pages:          37
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-09
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-homenet-front-end-naming-delegation-09

Abstract:
   The Homenet Naming authority is responsible for making devices within
   the home network accessible by name within the home network as well
   as from outside the home network (e.g. the Internet).  The names of
   the devices accessible from the Internet are stored in the Public
   Homenet Zone, served by a DNS authoritative server.  It is unlikely
   that home networks will contain sufficiently robust platforms
   designed to host a service such as the DNS on the Internet and as
   such would expose the home network to DDoS attacks.

   This document describes a mechanism that enables the Home Network
   Authority (HNA) to outsource the naming service to the Outsourcing
   Infrastructure via a Distribution Master (DM).

The IETF Secretariat