Dear authors, dear Homenet WG,

Happy New Year !

As you may have noticed, the I-D was not approved on yesterday telechat.

The IESG was unanimous to say that the latest revision is much more readable
and clearer.

Barring the DNS-directorate and the late GENART reviews (to be addressed at
least by replying to the emails), the IESG had a long discussion on this I-D.
As I stressed the specific points that reverse DNS zones are not handled by
dyndns.org and that HNA and DOI are different entities, it appeared that some
ADs may ballot 'no objection' on this version (due to Christmas vacations, the
ballot count was short of 1 vote ☹ ).

The core of the discussions was about the intended status of "proposed
standard":
1) if the authors & WG agree to change it to experimental, then it will
probably be approved (this will require another IETF last call though)
2) Daniel (if not mistaken) hinted that the 3GPP wants to re-use this
specification, if the 3GPP issues a liaison statement to the IETF or Homenet
WG, then proposed standard will be also granted. Would it be possible ?
3) Murray hinted that this I-D is rather an 'applicability statement' (per
section 3.2 of RFC 2026) as it does not specify a new protocol but rather how
*existing* protocols could be used together. This would also lead to a proposed
standard. Of course, the abstract & introduction would need to be changed to
make it clear that this I-D is an applicability statement and another IETF Last
Call to be done.

The good will and energy on this document are draining fast (and thanks again
to the authors' resilience, which was also respected by the IESG), hence as the
responsible AD, I would like to know the authors' intention to address the
situation. My own plan, in case this I-D is not approved by 1st of Feb 2023, is
to declare it dead (i.e., it won't be published as a Homenet RFC) and close
homenet.

Regards

-éric

On 06/01/2023, 04:32, "IETF Secretariat" <ietf-secretariat-re...@ietf.org