Phil had gone to Indiana and ended his tenure with the CSO when the Farkas line
of horns began coming forth.  I saw Phil at a large number of the IHS symposia
and on a number of other occasions over a period of about 20 years.  He always
was carrying one or two of the Holton horns with him and played on one every
time he performed.  He spoke highly of his Geyer horns but after the CSO years
I never saw or heard him play on anything other than one of the Holton horns.

CORdially, Paul Mansur