This is a message forwarded from a non-member. Reply to him directly if desired; his email is at the end.

Hello:

My name is David Bragunier and I am the retired (2004) tuba player of the National Symphony and a fifty year friend of Walter Lawson. I am writing this in the hope that some of the members will send get well cards to Walt. Walt is going through some very difficult times and while I realize that not everyone plays a Lawson horn, I think that people know what a wonderful man he is and how much he has contributed to the horn world. A couple of months ago, Walt had a hernia operation, followed quickly by a knee replacement and shortly thereafter he had a heart attack. Also, he has sold his business so all of his equipment is gone and to make matters worse, his wife Annie is now confined to the Alzheimer's unit at the same nursing home where Walt is recovering. I'm sure that he would appreciate any get well cards and encouragement. His address is:

        Walter Lawson
        Reeder's Nursing Home
        141 South Main Street
        Boonsboro, MD 21713