On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 19:00 -0400, Jeff Kerr wrote:
> Hi there, I've had some luck following the example at:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/trunk/module-client/src/examples/org/apache/http/examples/client/ClientFormLogin.java
>
> to login to a web site then get a page I'm looking for.  The problem is that
> the page that comes back has an iframe reference who's source is what I
> actually want.  When I try to get that page with a POST or GET it detects
> that I'm not making the request from the iframe and redirects me to the
> enclosing page.
>
> Is there a way on my DefaultHttpClient to pretend I'm a browser making a
> request for an iframe within a page?

Hi Jeff,

One can program HttpClient to generate virtually identical HTTP
messages. Generally you should follow a very simple approach: capture
HTTP packets generated by browser using a traffic analyzer or a proxy,
examine their composition, tweak HttpClient to generate similar /
identical packets.

Hope this helps.