Vibhav Sharma wrote:
Hi,

I have used HttpClient 3.x previously. It did not have the ability to do the following.

   * Client makes a chunked multipart request to server.
   * Server responds with a chunked response.
       * Client sends more data as part of the same request.
       * Server responds with more data in the same response.
   * till Server or Client closes connection.

Basically, treat it like a connection rather than just a request/response pair.

This is typically not how http works, but as far as I understand, the reference allows it. Also, in my particular case, there is no need for any cookie management etc. So I am supposing I'll be using HttpCore. I have as yet not taken a look at it and will be doing as soon as possible. But may I ask whether HttpCore, now, covers such a scenario. (Had to implement/hack this completely last time :) )

Hi Vibhav (I hope I got your first name right)

HTTP is a request / response oriented protocol, so what you are trying to do can certainly be considered as an abuse of the protocol. Having said that, HTTP gets abused in so many different ways these days, so I guess it is just another way.

HttpCore NIO is capable of writing and reading data from the same connection in a full duplex mode. Reading and writing streams are completely independent. One can easily pipeline several requests before getting the first response. HttpCore NIO can also be used for the scenario you described, but you will have to implement your own protocol handler, which is not an easy thing to do.

Hope this helps