On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 16:03 -0500, Dimitrios Christodoulakis wrote:
> Hello, I am a new user of HTTPClient and trying to learn how to use
> it. I have read the relevant primer and user guide but I am not sure
> what is the difference between headers and parameters.

HTTP headers are elements of the HTTP request sent to the target server.
Parameters are merely attributes that affect the way HttpClient
functions. Parameters can apply to different aspects of HttpClient, not
just request messages.

>  Do they have
> the same functionality for GET and POST requests?

No, they do not

>  I mean does the
> server processes and responds differently to headers or parameters?

No, it does not. The server is completely unaware of the parameters.
They are not a part of the HTTP protocol.

Hope this helps

Oleg