On 11/19/2015 3:03 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> On Wed, 2015-11-18 at 13:17 -0700, Shawn Heisey wrote:
>> In the meantime, I am hoping that there is a way that Solr users can
>> provide credentials to HttpClient via another means, like system
>> properties or environment variables.  Is there anything like that?
> Shawn
>
> One can always use a custom credentials provider instead of the default
> ones.
>
> http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.5.x/httpclient/xref/org/apache/http/impl/client/BasicCredentialsProvider.html
> http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.5.x/httpclient/xref/org/apache/http/impl/client/SystemDefaultCredentialsProvider.html

I'm hoping to give users of the existing code a way to provide
authentication details to HttpClient.  The users aren't creating Java
code, they are using bits that we provide -- a shell script or Windows
command script that executes a binary SolrCLI class.  That class
currently doesn't do anything with authentication.

>From what I can tell, there isn't a way, and users will need to wait for
us to extend our script and SolrCLI class to handle credentials.

Thanks,
Shawn