Hello

I'm using the CachingHttpClient in a way that is deprecated in 4.5 and am
trying to figure out the right non-deprecated way to do this.

In my cause, I have a custom implementation of HttpClient that will do some
request rewriting and retrying if it sees certain error conditions.

This is what the old deprecated code looks like:

        CacheConfig config = buildCacheConfig();
        HttpClient myBackendClient = new CustomHttpClient();
        CachingHttpClient cachingHttpClient = new
CachingHttpClient(myBackendClient, config);

It looks like the recommended way to build caching http clients in 4.5 is
to use the CachingHttpClientBuilder, but I see no way to provide my own
implementation of HttpClient for use as the backend. Is this possible to do
in a non deprecated way?

thanks
sam