Hi  sorry I'm not sure which question you are answering, but it sounds like
you are saying that as long as I consume the response properly then the
connections should be re-used properly (and not closed), despite the call
to releaseConnection()?  If that is so, why do we need the call to
releaseConnection()?

How do I ensure this - we are already reading the output stream from the
response and closing it...(hard to explain really in an email)...