Hello,

I guess it depends on the definition of "verifying session", for
example I was using the TrustStrategy to do (additional) certificate
public key info pinning:

  pinnedCertTrust = new PinnedCertTrust("...=");
  // this context falls back to system trust material (but first checks pinning)
  SSLContext sslcontext = SSLContexts.custom().useProtocol("TLSv1.2")

.loadTrustMateria(pinnedCertTrust).build();
  // Allow TLSv1.2 protocol only
  SSLConnectionSocketFactory sslsf = new SSLConnectionSocketFactory(sslcontext,
                                           new String[] { "TLSv1.2" },
                                           null,

SSLConnectionSocketFactory.getDefaultHostnameVerifier());
  builder.setSSLSocketFactory(sslsf);

If the pin fails it throws a CertificateException, when it suceeds it
returns false (which falls back to doing all normal trust checks in
addition to the pinning).

Gruss
Bernd