Hello,

I’m using the async PoolingNHttpClientConnectionManager (v 4.1.2).

Occasionally I’m getting this error:

java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException
        at
org.apache.http.nio.pool.AbstractNIOConnPool.processPendingRequest(AbstractN
IOConnPool.java:364)
        at
org.apache.http.nio.pool.AbstractNIOConnPool.lease(AbstractNIOConnPool.java:
276)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.conn.PoolingNHttpClientConnectionManager.requestCon
nection(PoolingNHttpClientConnectionManager.java:266)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.client.AbstractClientExchangeHandler.requestConnect
ion(AbstractClientExchangeHandler.java:363)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.client.DefaultClientExchangeHandlerImpl.start(Defau
ltClientExchangeHandlerImpl.java:125)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.client.InternalHttpAsyncClient.execute(InternalHttp
AsyncClient.java:141)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.client.CloseableHttpAsyncClient.execute(CloseableHt
tpAsyncClient.java:68)

It seems that all connections in pool are busy. But my setup says:

this.phccm = new PoolingNHttpClientConnectionManager(…);
this.phccm.setMaxTotal(Integer.MAX_VALUE);
this.phccm.setDefaultMaxPerRoute(Integer.MAX_VALUE);

I don't have more than 1000 requests per second, and the average response
time is less than 20ms.

What could be the reason for this error?

Thanks,
Joan.