On Tue, 2016-10-18 at 10:12 -0400, Pellerin, Clement wrote:
> I agree that code is correct. I never said there was a bug.
> I am asking how to override the behavior.
> We are porting our product from HttpClient 4.1 to 4.5.2
> and we need to preserve that feature because it is used by our customers.

Clement

I'll be happy to suggest a work-around but I am still unable to
understand what it is exactly you are trying to achieve by keeping a
connection for messages without a message body, which is quite uncommon
(status 204, status 304, response to HEAD, and that is it).

What is exactly the point of doing so in th first place?

Oleg