In fact the retry handlers (some implementations)  already look at the method
and only retry idempotent methods

Gruss
Bernd
--
http://bernd.eckenfels.net

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 11:15 AM +0100, "Oleg Kalnichevski" <ol...@apache.org>
wrote:

On Wed, 2016-11-09 at 09:05 -0500, Murat Balkan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible to set a retry handler per HttpGet? The following code taken
> from the documentation only applies to 3x and seems to be deprecated.
>

> httpget.getParams().
>     setParameter(HttpMethodParams.RETRY_HANDLER, myretryhandler);
>

> What I want to achieve is to set disableAutomaticRetries on the httpclient
> level and set them at the httpget level.
>
> Is this supported?

No it is not, but one can use HttpContext attributes to customize the
handler's behavior on the per request basis.