From: Benson Margulies [mailto:bimargul...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2016 5:44 PM
To: HttpClient User Discussion <httpclient-users@hc.apache.org>
Subject: Versions and osgi and async and such

I am struggling to maintain some code that wants to use the latest 4.x
version of http asynchronous client via OSGi.

The latest async client is 4.1.2. I've had this working, but a small change
has put me in a state where various things implode, so I'm trying to start
over from first principles.

When I use that as a dependency, I end up with ...

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.http.util.Asserts.check(ZLjava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Object;)V
        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.client.CloseableHttpAsyncClientBase.ensureRunning(CloseableHttpAsyncClientBase.java:90)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.client.InternalHttpAsyncClient.execute(InternalHttpAsyncClient.java:123)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.client.CloseableHttpAsyncClient.execute(CloseableHttpAsyncClient.java:75)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.client.CloseableHttpAsyncClient.execute(CloseableHttpAsyncClient.java:108)
        at
org.apache.http.impl.nio.client.CloseableHttpAsyncClient.execute(CloseableHttpAsyncClient.java:92)