Good day, everyone!

Me and my team are in the process of migration to httpclient v5.2 from v4.5 and
we are currently hindered by the following issue: httpclient5 is not dropping
Authentication headers when following redirects. This results in errors when
users make authenticated requests to our API and get redirected to other
services, such as S3, that expect their own Authorization header.

Previously, to avoid this collision, we were able to drop Auth headers
ourselves by creating a custom RedirectStrategy implementation that was using
RedirectStrategy:HttpUriRequest getRedirect() method to modify redirected
request’s headers. In recent httpclient5 version this method was replaced with
URI getLocationURI() which makes it impossible to do so.

We’ve tried to google this issue, read documentation, FAQs and Mailing lists
and inspected the httpclient’s source code, but couldn’t find any possible
solution for this problem.
Could you, please, point us to the right direction to help us solve this issue
in case there’s something we missed?

Thank you!

Regards,
Chernyshenko Maksim

This message and any attachments may contain information that is confidential,
proprietary, and private and may be legally protected from disclosure. The
information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity
designated above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please
notify the sender immediately, and delete this message and any attachments. Any
disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other use of this message or any
attachments by an individual or entity other than the intended recipient is
prohibited.