Jamal,

Here are two criteria to be considered:
1. technical
2. commercial/business

We can discuss pros and cons for both, but have to state that from business
perspective for Juniper going with RESTCONF/YANG make more sense. We already
built the Junos model in YANG and
have or are in process of building needed tools. Same goes for RESTCONF. We
have NETCONF implemented in Junos and are working on RESTCONF implementation.
Many carriers adopted or are adopting NETCONF/YANG, are looking into RESTCONF
as well, so this looks like a low hanging fruit from business perspective.

Looking at technical aspect, unless there is a very compelling reason (and
there might be, but I'm not aware of it), don't see reason to switch from
RESTCONF and YANG.
We can find out down the line that RESTCONF/YANG was the wrong way to go, but
that can be always changed. From my perspective it looks right today.

Just to be clear, I vote for RESTCONF/YANG adoption for i2rs.

Dean